Ideal position for a current accounting manager ready to take the next step!
A New Jersey minor league team is currently searching to fill the position of Controller. The Controller will oversee the Accounting Department and report to the team’s ownership and General Manager.
The Controller is responsible for protection of the company assets, and management and oversight of all aspects of team accounting, financial analysis and financial reporting. Direct functions are payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable, invoicing, budget preparation, bank reconciliations and cash management. In addition, the controller manages human resources, and all regulatory aspects of the team.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare all financial reports on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions
- Monitor and manage all team bank and credit accounts
- Prepare annual budgets, and monitor revenues and expenses
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules on capitalized assets
- Oversee the company general ledger and accounting software systems to insure that team accounting practices fall within generally accepted accounting principles
- Provide financial analysis as needed
- File and secure needed business licenses and permits
- Ensure team compliance with governmental regulations
- Monitor internal controls
- Act as liaison with external auditors
- Administer all benefits programs, including enrollments, yearly open enrollment and initiation of benefit programs.
- Prepare and update personnel policies and employee manuals
- Prepare financial statements for charities
Experience & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited university or college
- 5 years of accounting experience; Experience in a similar position preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays during the baseball season
- Salary: $60,000
- Health Benefits
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Subject Line: Ballpark Digest Job Posting