Our Class-A franchise, located in the Eastern Time Zone, is seeking to fill the position of Head Groundskeeper. The Head Groundskeeper is responsible for repairing and maintaining the stadium’s playing surface and its surrounding components as a safe, first-class baseball field by performing daily turf, dirt and water management; game preparation as well as short and long-term maintenance planning.
The Head Groundskeeper will also assist the Stadium Operations department in the offseason. This position is accountable for maintaining a playing surface that meets the guidelines and complies with and/or exceeds the high quality and safety standards set forth by the franchise, as well as Minor and Major League Baseball respectively.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary:
- Oversee the preparation of the playing field for baseball related and special event activity as well as facilitate the set up/breakdown of all necessary equipment for each.
- Manage all field prep including, but not limited to, turf management, fertilization, and disease control, edging, mound and plate prep, warning track maintenance, and infield playing surface maintenance.
- Facilitate the infield tarp while monitoring weather conditions to ensure playability and player safety.
- Perform post-game field and turf maintenance as necessary.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner and keep in excellent working condition.
- Prepare and carry out an off-season field/turf maintenance program as well as stadium shut down and winterization.
- Assist the Operations Department with stadium operation tasks that relate to the general upkeep and cleanliness of the ballpark.
- Effectively manage a budget as assigned by Management that will include, but will not be limited to, supplies, equipment and game day personnel’s wages.
- Hire, schedule, train, and manage all interns and part-time, game day field staff.
- Develop a relationship with home and visiting managers to coordinate pre-game batting practice and attend to any specific needs, if possible.
- Maintain a positive relationship with umpires.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Two-year degree or equivalent, preferably in Turfgrass Management, and at least two years related experience in sports turf management, preferably with a professional baseball team.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. The franchise offers health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance as well as short term and long term disability. All insurance is covered by the team. We also offer a 401k match for qualifying, full-time employees.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com