Big milestone for the Omaha Storm Chasers (Class AAA; Pacific Coast League) this weekend: the team will welcome the 13-millionth fan in franchise history.
In the 45-plus years of Triple-A baseball in Omaha, there has been a total of 12,996,582 fans at Rosenblatt Stadium and Werner Park to see the Omaha Royals, Golden Spikes and Storm Chasers. With presales totalling more than 5,000 for the upcoming Hy-Vee Friday Fireworks game, the 3,418th fan through the gates at Werner Park for the homestand opener will be the 13 Millionth Fan in Omaha Triple-A Baseball history.
The lucky 13 Millionth fan will receive a prize pack valued at more than $4,000, which includes:
- Two season tickets in Section 113 (club seats behind home plate) for 2015
- Personalized #13 Storm Chasers jersey
- Picture with Storm Chasers #13 Buddy Baumann (based on availability)
- 13 different autographed baseballs (from players and figures throughout franchise history)
- 13 promotional Items from various years, including fan favorites like the George Brett Bobble Arms Statue and the Chris Dwyer Bobblehead from Pepsi & Bucky’s
- $13 Werner Park Bucks for that night’s game
- 13 Tickets to August 13th Storm Chasers Game on One-Cent Wiener Wednesday (with 13 pennies)
In recognition of drawing 13 million fans, the Storm Chasers Staff will participate in 13 hours of charity work on Friday, June 13th. Also, the Storm Chasers will partner with Respect 2 All and run anti-bullying messages throughout the game to bring awareness to the fact that 13 million people are bullied each year in the United States.
Also just for fun, research shows that the approximate odds of having quadruplets are 1 in 13 million so in a season-long celebration of drawing 13 million fans the Storm Chasers will give any set of quadruplets four free tickets to any game in 2014.
Share your news with the baseball community. Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a subscriber to the weekly Ballpark Digest newsletter? You can sign up for a free subscription at the Newsletter Signup Page.
Join Ballpark Digest on Facebook and on Twitter!
Follow Ballpark Digest on Google + and add us to your circles!