OPENING DAY PARTNERS LLC has several top sales opportunities in its professional baseball teams. All are members of the nationally acclaimed Atlantic League of Professional Baseball Clubs. The teams have strong sales track records and excellent community relationships and support. The organization values long-term relationships and a disciplined approach.
The ideal candidate will be a proven sales leader with the energy and passion to provide build solid working relationships. The individual in this role will provide leadership guidance to the sales staff, participate in the strategic direction for the organization as well as remaining active in the selling process by handling current and new corporate sales clients. We are looking for an individual who exhibits exceptional work ethic, teamwork, written and oral communications and project management skills.
- Working with the President & General Manager, formulate the company’s long-term corporate and group-sales strategies, and operating tactics on an annual basis.
- Hire, train, motivate and manage all sales employees.
- Develop and implement annual sales budget and revenue goals within the overall framework developed by the President & General Manager.
- Personally serve selected major accounts and develop new major accounts
- Coordinate the implementation of all sales elements with the Assistant General Manager – Operations, the Director of Ticketing and the Finance Director.
- Coordinate food and beverage-related sponsorships with the Concessions Manager.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 10 years related sales experience in sports or media agency and 5 years of management experience
- Proven successful sales experience National and/or mid-Atlantic or Texas regional corporate sponsorship contacts a plus
- Consistent track record of managing and renewing major accounts
- Thorough knowledge of good leadership and business principles relating to strategic planning, operations, budgeting, marketing, employee relations and staffing required
- Ability to motivate others to reach financial and production goals
- Excellent organizational skills and manage multiple tasks, projects and accounts
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills