Here are the host schools and ballpark sites:
- Foley Field, Athens, Georgia – Georgia (44-15)
- Russ Chandler Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia – Georgia Tech (41-17)
- Alex Box Stadium, Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (37-24)
- Boshamer Stadium, Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (42-17)
- Reser Stadium, Corvallis, Oregon – Oregon State (36-18-1)
- Baum-Walker Stadium, Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (41-17)
- Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (43-15)
- Jackie Robinson Stadium, Los Angeles, California – UCLA (47-8)
- Jim Patterson Stadium, Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (43-15)
- Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park. Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (39-17)
- Monongalia County Ballpark, Morgantown, West Virginia – West Virginia (37-20)
- Hawkins Field, Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (49-10)
- Swayze Field, Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (37-25)
- Klein Field at Sunken Diamond, Stanford, California – Stanford (41-11)
- Dudy Noble Field, Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi State (46-13)
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – Oklahoma State (35-18)
It’s one last hurrah for Allie P. Reynolds Stadium, slated to close at the end of the season. The Allie P. Reynolds Stadium regional has been moved to Oklahoma City and Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark due to unplayable field conditions. Stillwater has received more than 12 inches of rain since May 15 and this has taken a toll on the outfield of Allie P. Reynolds Stadium.
These selections show where the power lies in college baseball: no East Coast or Midwest hosts. All in all, five conferences represent all 16 regional host sites:
|Southeastern||6 (Arkansas, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi St., Ole Miss, Vanderbilt)|
|Atlantic Coast||3 (Georgia Tech, Louisville, North Carolina)|
|Big 12||3 (Oklahoma St., Texas Tech, West Virginia)|
|Pac-12||3 (Oregon St., Stanford, UCLA)|
|American Athletic||1 (East Carolina)|
The full 64-team field will be announced later today. Each regional field features four teams, playing in a double-elimination format. All 16 regionals are scheduled to be conducted from Friday, May 31 to Monday, June 3 (if necessary).
Some notes on the tourney from the NCAA:
- LSU leads all institutions in the field as the Tigers are hosting for the 26th time, while West Virginia is hosting for the first time. Stanford is second in the field, hosting for the 18th time, while Mississippi State is hosting for the 14th and Oklahoma State for the 13th time, respectively, since the NCAA went to the regional format in 1975.
- Georgia Tech is hosting for the 12th time, but the first time since 2011. North Carolina is hosting for the 11th time, while Ole Miss is hosting for the ninth time. Hosting for the eighth time includes Arkansas, Louisville and Oregon St., with Texas Tech, Vanderbilt and UCLA hosting for the seventh time. Hosting for the sixth time is Georgia, while East Carolina is the destination for the fifth time.
- Eight institutions, Arkansas, East Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Oregon State, Stanford and Texas Tech, all hosted in 2018.