We’re coming up on the deadline for submitting nominees for the 2011 Ballpark Digest Awards, with a deadline of end of business Monday, Aug, 1, fast approaching.
As always, we’d love to hear from you about who and what should be honored. The awards are open to all levels of baseball: affiliated, independent, summer-collegiate and college. We’ll be designating a winner and highlighting runners-up.
Here are the categories:
- Best New Ballpark. We already know the nominees here. Small field, but surprisingly strong contenders.
- Best Ballpark Renovation. We already know the nominees here. This is an especially strong category this year, so we’re dividing it by the price tag for the project: under $10 million and over $10 million.
- Organization of the Year. What front office accomplished the most and made their mark on baseball? We have some ideas here, but we’d love to receive your input.
- Executive of the Year. Who made the biggest impact on the game or turned things around to the greatest degree? Again, we have some ideas here, but we’d love to receive your input.
- Broadcaster of the Year. Again, we have some ideas here, but we’d love to receive your input.
- New Logo of the Year. Again, we have some ideas here, but we’d love to receive your input.
- Promotion of the Year. This is wide open. We’d love to receive your input; let us know, even if the promotion hasn’t happened yet.
- Editor’s Choice. This will be totally arbitrary and geared toward what tickles our collective fancies.
Feel free to share your thoughts on all these awards to our general email address. We’ve already received lots and lots of submissions — certainly more than last year, especially from within the baseball industry — as this notice ran in yesterday’s Ballpark Digest Newsletter. Don’t be shy: we’d love to hear from everyone, and feel free to nominate your own accomplishments. The deadline for any submission is Aug. 1; they’ll be announced well in advance of the end of the season, and we’ll be making some awards in person. Any questions? Drop us a line.
Share your news with the baseball community. Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribers to the weekly Ballpark Digest newsletter see features before they’re posted to the site. You can sign up for a free subscription at the Newsletter Signup Page.