The Altoona Curve are set to welcome the four-millionth fan to walk through the turnstiles at Blair County Ballpark in team history.The Altoona Curve (Class AA; Eastern League) are set to welcome the four-millionth fan to walk through the turnstiles at Blair County Ballpark in team history, in the team's 12th season at Double-A.
“This is truly an amazing accomplishment for the region and a tribute to our great fan base,” said owner Bob Lozinak, who will be at Sunday’s game and along with Altoona Curve General Manager Rob Egan present a bevy of prizes to the lucky fan who will be announced following the Sunday’s game against the Baysox.
Among the many amenities the lucky fan will receive will be:
- Two (2) season tickets for life
- A reserved parking spot in the VIP lot
- Team-autographed #4 Curve jersey
- $100 in Altoona Curve merchandise
- A framed, official letter recognizing them as the four-millionth fan signed by the Altoona Curve management team.
- Their own personalized cartoon that will be framed and given to the fan
- A comic strip in an upcoming edition of The Altoona Mirror
- “Ballpark Celebrity for a Day” Package at a future game during the 2010 season:
- Get a behind-the-scenes tour of Blair County Ballpark with Curve General Manager Rob Egan
- Guest on “Gameday in Curve, Pa.” pre-game show with Curve broadcaster Mike Passanisi
- Guest for a half-inning on Curve Radio Network broadcast with Curve broadcaster Dan Zangrilli
- Public Address Announcer for an inning
- On-Field Co-Host with Promotions Director Matt Hoover for an in-game event
- Accompany Mascot Director Bill Bettwy for a half-inning with Steamer and Diesel Dawg
- Opportunity to throw out the ceremonial first pitch
The all-time regular season attendance in Curve history currently stands at 3,994,517. That total does not include the 48,083 that attended playoff games from 2003-06 nor the combined 16,654 that attended the May 2, 2000 exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Pirates and the July 12, 2006 All-Star game at Blair County Ballpark.
Share your news with the baseball community. Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribers to the weekly Ballpark Digest newsletter see features before they're posted to the site. You can sign up for a free subscription at the Newsletter Signup Page.