The Quad Cities River Bandits are holding a unique promo for the 2009 season: allowing fans to choose their own promotion.
The Quad Cities River Bandits (Low Class A; Midwest League) are holding a unique promo for the 2009 season: allowing fans to choose their own promotion.
The Name the Promotion contest is moving into Phase Two, allowing fans to vote from a list of five finalists for a new promotional event for the 2009 season.
After receiving a wide variety of unique and innovative ideas from fans during the open suggestion phase of the contest, the River Bandits and sponsor Modern Woodmen Bank got together to pick out the five best ideas, in alphabetical order:
- Bandit Wedding – One lucky couple will have the wedding of a lifetime and get married on the Modern Woodmen Park diamond immediately before a River Bandits game.
- Beverage Batter – If the River Bandits player selected pre-game delivers a base hit during the contest, everybody in attendance benefits from beverage discounts for the remainder of the inning.
- Elvis Night – A full-blown promotional night dedicated to The King himself.
- Rascal Kids Hat Giveaway – Nothing could be better than a kids’ hat featuring mascot Rascal.
- Van Down by the River – A few lucky fans each night would have the opportunity to take in a ballgame from a River Bandits van parked on the right field berm! (With apologies to Chris Farley, of course.) This is our favorite, and we’d urge everyone to vote for it (instructions on how to do so below).
The unveiling of the five finalists also means that Phase Two of the contest is officially under way. Fans can submit their vote for next season’s great promotion online by visiting Modern Woodmen Bank’s website at ModernWoodmenBank.com/RiverBandits or the River Bandits’ website at RiverBandits.com. Votes can be submitted until February 27, at which point the River Bandits and Modern Woodmen Bank will tally the votes and announce the winning promotion.
In addition to publicly receiving credit for presenting the promotion that is ultimately selected as the winner, the fan with the best idea will be rewarded in a number of ways. If one of the single-game promotional options is chosen, they will receive four tickets to the game in which the promotion is featured as well as the opportunity to throw out the first pitch beforehand. If the winning idea turns out to be one of the season-long promotions, one appropriate game will be selected. The winner will also receive a River Bandits prize pack full of team merchandise and other great items.