Putting a twist on the traditional television theme night promotion, the Gary SouthShore RailCats (independent; American Association) will offer a pop culture “Pop Up Bar” on Wednesdays.
Theme nights that pay tribute to a popular TV series have become an increasingly common entry on promotional schedules across baseball. The RailCats will host several TV theme nights at U.S. Steel Yard this season, and the theme nights will come with their own Pop Up Bars that offer food and drink specials inspired by the show.
As part of Pop-Up Bar Wednesdays, the RailCats will move first pitch up to a “happy hour” time of 6:45 for night games. Pop Up Bars will be staged at the Creekside Bar, a new addition to the ballpark this season. There are currently eight Pop Up Bar Wednesdays scheduled for the 2019 season, with the full listing available below:
• “A Pop-Up Bar About Nothing” – Seinfeld (May 22nd, 6:45pm)
• “Pop-Up Versus the Big Giant Head” – 3rd Rock from the Sun (June 5th, 6:45pm)
• “Tommy’s First Pop-Up Bar” – Rugrats (June 12th, 12:10pm)
• “Everything Rhymes with Pop Up Bar” – Parks & Recreation (July 17th, 6:45pm)
• “Legends of the Pop Up Bar” – Legends of the Hidden Temple (July 31st, 12:10pm)
• “Mmm….Pop Up Bar” – The Simpsons (August 7th, 6:45pm)
• “Did Pop Up Bar Do That?” – Family Matters (August 14th, 6:45pm)
• “Thank You for Being A Pop Up Bar” – Golden Girls (August 21st, 6:45pm)
“The Creekside Bar is the newest addition to the FANtastic Family Fun experience at the Steel Yard” RailCats General Manager Brian Flenner said in a press statement. “Fans are going to be excited to experience the quality beverages and fantastic views from this unique area!”
The RailCats are offering a $25 pass that will give fans admission to all eight Pop Up Bar Wednesdays. For a $75 pass, fans get into all eight games and receive an alcoholic beverage.