In advance of the 2017 Major League Baseball season, Aramark is rolling out new menu items at several ballparks.
Culinarians at the eight ballparks where Aramark provides the food and beverage services spent the off-season developing new recipes and innovative concepts to further enhance the gameday dining experience. From shareable loaded French fries and gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches to house-cured, hand-carved and handmade sandwiches, Aramark continues to transform the ballpark food game.
“As sports’ food and beverage expert, creating a menu complete with unique and distinctive options has always been a hallmark of ours,” said Carl Mittleman, president of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “Our culinary teams work tirelessly to create menus that are on-trend and full of variety and complementary flavors and this year’s offerings, once again, set the standard for ballpark dining.”
Here is what’s new in ballpark dining for 2017:
SHAREABLE TOPPED TATERS & FRIES
- Chicken Bacon Smoke Stak (Kauffman Stadium) – Waffle fries topped with smoked chicken, bacon crème sauce, red pepper relish, scallions, and sour cream
- Colorado Queso Stak (Coors Field) – Jumbo portion of waffle fries topped with house made green Chile queso, pork carnitas, fresh made pico de gallo, fresh cut jalapenos and a drizzle of sour cream
- Green Chili Chicken Stak (Minute Maid Park) – Fresh cut fries topped with green chicken chili, cotija cheese and pico de gallo
- Hogtown Stak (Rogers Centre) – Crisp golden Russet frites, smoked pulled pork, grilled and sliced farmers sausage, smoked bacon BBQ gravy
- House BURGHer Stak (PNC Park) – Boardwalk style fries, topped with all the burger essentials, seasoned ground beef, American cheese, grilled onions, our house secret sauce, fresh tomatoes, shaved iceberg, and topped with a toasted brioche slider bun
- Italian Roast Pork Stak (Citizens Bank Park) – Boardwalk fries topped with in-house roast pork, sharp Provolone cheese sauce, cherry pepper aioli and chopped roasted long hots
- LaFrieda Steak Frites (Citi Field)– Black angus hand-cut beef, sautéed sweet Vidalia onions, beef au jus, topped with Vermont Monterey jack cheese sauce over fresh fried Idaho waffle fries
- Lobster Poutine Stak (Fenway Park) – Steak fries covered with fresh lobster meat, cheese curds, bisque and chives
- Jersey Shore Dog (Citizens Bank Park) – All beef hot dog, topped with pork roll and finished with a drizzle of American cheese sauce
- Harry The K’s Pastrami Sausage (Citizens Bank Park) – House cured pastrami sausage, with hickory smoked bacon red cabbage, topped with Tarragon mustard
- Bloor Street Dog (Rogers Centre) – Hot dog topped with butter chicken, chili-lime sour cream, trio of Indian vegetables, fresh chopped parsley
- Sunrise Dog (Kauffman Stadium) – Jumbo hot dog, topped with fried egg, bacon, cheddar cheese and white sausage gravy.
ARTISAN SANDWICHES AND MELTS
- Braised Kielbasa Reuben (PNC Park) – Beer braised kielbasa, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and house sauce, served on locally baked thick cut marble rye
- Colorado Brisket Melt (Coors Field) – Chopped brisket, mixed with sautéed onions and bacon and topped with white American cheese
- Hand-Carved Porchetta Sandwich (PNC Park) – House made Porchetta, served on a locally made ciabatta bun, topped with arugula, tomatoes, and a lemon-caper mayo
- House Smoked Pork Butt Sandwich (Minute Maid Park) – House smoked pulled pork served with jalapeno coleslaw on a jalapeno cheddar bun
- Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Minute Maid Park) – Grilled cheese sandwich served with salami, pepperoni, ham, mozzarella cheese, pepperoncini, and basil pesto on rosemary-infused Texas Toast
- Lobster Melt (Fenway Park) – Fresh, steamed Yankee Lobster Co. lobster with melted Muenster cheese and sliced tomato.
- New York Cheesesteak (Citi Field) – Shaved ribeye with caramelized onions & sweet cherry peppers, choice of homemade cheddar whiz, picante provolone or classic American, served on a locally baked baguette
- Pulled Pork Patty Melt (Kauffman Stadium) – Funnel cake, BBQ pulled pork, fried onion, shredded cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, and Jalapeno pepper skewer
- SPAM® Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Minute Maid Park) – Grilled cheese sandwich served with a cut of SPAM on Texas Toast
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich (Coors Field) – Fresh grilled marinated chicken breast, topped with pepper jack cheese, fried jalapenos, sriracha aioli, lettuce, tomato on jalapeno cheddar bread
- Streetcar Tacos (Rogers Centre) – Handcrafted tacos with choice of adobo chicken or vegetarian, on a warm flour tortilla with chopped cabbage
- Surf & Turf Kebab (Fenway Park) – Skewered shrimp, lightly marinated steak tips and fresh green and red peppers, served on a long roll
SAVORY SNACKS & SMALL BITES
- Apple Pie Nachos (Coors Field)- Cinnamon sugar chips topped with apple pie filling, shredded cheddar cheese, whipped cream and caramel topping
- Churro “Dessert” Poutine (Rogers Centre) – Churros served with vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce
- Crab Doughnuts (PNC Park) – House made crab doughnut holes, served with chive’d tartar sauce, and sticky apple-mustard slaw
- Short Rib Cheese Curds (Kauffman Stadium) – Braised short rib cheese curds with chipotle ranch dip
As part of Aramark’s Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative, and ongoing commitment to providing fans with greater variety, choice and access to healthier menu options, Aramark continues to expand “better-for-you” options throughout the ballparks it serves.
- Caribbean Grilled Chicken Salad (Rogers Centre) – House made chicken salad with fresh romaine, marinated black beans, orange segments, pickled red onions, shredded carrots and toasted coconut in a honey lime vinaigrette
- Farmer’s Market Grain Bowl (Citizens Bank Park) – Toasted red quinoa, brown rice, sweet peppers, cucumbers, radish, baby herbs, honey balsamic vinaigrette
- Fenway Farms (Fenway Park) – The rooftop farm at Fenway Park, providing fresh produce to throughout the ballpark, is aiming to grow over 7,500 pounds of organic produce this season, with different seasonal offerings in concessions at the new, make your own, fresh salad and fruit bar
- Rainbow Kale Caesar Salad (Rogers Centre) – Fresh rainbow kale with shaved parmesan cheese, croutons and crispy bacon
- Toasted Tofu (PNC Park) – Citrus-tamari marinated tofu, sriracha mayo, and sticky mint cabbage slaw, made and toasted on gluten free bread
- Ultimate Vegan Burger (PNC Park) – A beefless patty, topped with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, dill pickles, and vegan secret sauce, served on a sesame seed bun
TOPPS “INCREDIBLE EATS” TRADING CARDS
In celebration of the distinctive fare available at ballparks, Topps has immortalized some of the most popular and iconic ballpark fare on trading cards. Aramark has teamed with Topps, the exclusive trading card partner of Major League Baseball, for a special “Incredible Eats” trading card insert series.
The 2017 Topps® Opening Day Baseball trading cards include an 18-card “Incredible Eats” set featuring craveable menu items found around the ballpark and includes seven Aramark signature dishes: the Cracker Jack & Mac Dog at PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates), the Chicken and Waffle Cone at Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros), the Classic Pastrami Sandwich at Citi Field (New York Mets), the Kayem Fenway Frank at Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox), the Buffalo Cauliflower Poutine at Rogers Centre (Toronto Blue Jays), the South Philly Dog at Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia Phillies), and the Cheesy Corn Brisket-Acho at Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City Royals). Topps Opening Day packs can be found at mass retailers and local hobby shops.
Aramark is the proud partner of ten Major League Baseball teams, providing food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services to the Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres and Toronto Blue Jays.
Images of Colorado Brisket Melt and Toasted Fofu courtesy Aramark.