It’s the biggest social event on the offseason calendar for the industry, as the baseball world gathers for the 2018 Baseball Winter Meetings at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino from Dec. 9–13. We’ll be there with bells on, and we hope to see you in Vegas!
We will not be exhibiting on the show floor this year, but rather throwing our annual reception for 2018 Ballpark Digest Award winners. Invitations have been sent to team owners, execs and GMs about the time and date; if you are a team owner, exec or GMs and did not receive an invite, drop us an email. We’re also taking appointments for meetings, so drop us a line if you want to catch up or meet for the first time.
Here are some highlights from the big event:
- The Banquet will take place Sunday, Dec. 9, at 7 p.m. Emceed by Round Rock Express broadcaster Mike Capps, the Banquet will feature the presentation of Minor League Baseball’s most prestigious awards, including the King of Baseball, John H. Johnson President’s Award, Larry MacPhail Award, Mike Coolbaugh Award, Sheldon “Chief” Bender Award, the Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award and John Henry Moss Community Service Award.
- MiLB Charities will once again host the Baseball Winter Meetings Fun Run on Monday, Dec. 10, at 6:30 a.m. Participants will have the option of running or walking a one-mile course or continue on a longer 5K course down the famous Las Vegas Strip. All proceeds will benefit Minor League Baseball Charities, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to and enhancing the communities of MiLB teams.
- The Awards Luncheon will be held Monday, Dec. 10, at 12:15 p.m. Mark Shunock, In-Game host and Entertainer for the Vegas Golden Knights, will host the annual event that honors award winners from the previous baseball season.
- The Bob Freitas Business Seminar will take place Monday, Dec. 10, through Wednesday, Dec. 12, delivering insightful speakers and attention-grabbing topics to attendees. The event allows for attendees to hear featured speakers, as well as break into smaller groups to discuss ideas and thoughts on the business of professional baseball.
- The Baseball Trade Show will open Monday, Dec. 10, from 2–7 p.m., in the Shoreline Exhibit Hall at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.Featuring more than 250 exhibitors and encompassing over 100,000 square feet of exhibitor space, the Baseball Trade Show is held in conjunction with the Baseball Winter Meetings and spans three days. Exhibiting companies include manufacturers and distributors of apparel, caps, gift items, souvenirs, promotional products, stadium equipment, food and beverage products, player equipment and service companies, including insurance, architecture, concessions, printing, marketing, Internet and entertainment, among others.
- Other ancillary events of the week include Moving Diversity Forward on Monday afternoon, where respected individuals in the field of diversity and inclusion, as well as executives in the baseball industry, will discuss how they have found success establishing diverse practices within their respective organizations and communities. The Women in Baseball Leadership Event, in its 11th year as a Baseball Winter Meetings event, will be held Tuesday, Dec. 11, and features interactive discussions intended to promote career development and networking among women executives in professional baseball.
- The Gala, held at the LIGHT Night Club on Wednesday, Dec. 12, is the final social event of the 2018 Baseball Winter Meetings.