It’s our biggest Best of the Ballparks voting of the season, where we ask fans to weigh in on their favorite Major League Baseball ballparks, with polling planned up until an All-Star Game week announcement.
We included and ranked all 30 MLB ballparks, beginning with AT&T Park and Fenway Park on the top and O.Co Coliseum and Tropicana Field on the bottom. This is, of course, all relative: honestly, the difference between #8 and #26 on this ranking isn’t all that great, and you could argue a totally plausible ranking using your own criteria that differs greatly from this one. Today we also introduced voting for MLB ballparks of the past: you can weigh in here.
Below you’ll find a form for submitting your votes (desktop users see the entire slate; mobile users see one poll question at a time). Only one vote from a device or PC counts; you’re welcome to vote over and over and over again, but the system filters out multiple votes from an IP address, so that effort will be for naught. By the way, the MiLB/indy/summer collegiate voting in previous Best of the Ballparks competition was successful, drawing in more than 71,000 voters.
Voting for this round is closed.
We know from our marketing/user research stats a third of our readers work in the baseball industry, so we’re tapping into that collective expertise. And we know from our research that a third of our readers sell to the baseball industry, so that expertise will be valuable as well. The remaining third — fans, media, government — will certainly have a different view on things as well. We can’t wait to see what our readers — whom we consider to be the smartest folks in baseball — say about the best of the ballparks.
Here is our ranking of all 30 MLB ballparks:
1. AT&T Park (San Francisco Giants)
2. Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox)
3. PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates)
4. Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs)
5. Target Field (Minnesota Twins)
6. Dodger Stadium (Los Angels Dodgers)
7. Oriole Park (Baltimore Orioles)
8. Coors Field (Colorado Rockies)
9. Petco Park (San Diego Padres)
10. Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners)
11. Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia Phillies)
12. Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City Royals)
13. Citi Field (New York Mets)
14. Progressive Field (Cleveland Indians)
15. Yankee Stadium (New York Yankees)
16. Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers)
17. Miller Park (Milwaukee Brewers)
18. Nationals Park (Washington Nationals)
19. Marlins Park (Miami Marlins)
20. Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros)
21. Angel Stadium (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)
22. Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati Reds)
23. Globe Life Park (Texas Rangers)
24. Rogers Centre (Toronto Blue Jays)
25. Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals)
26. U.S. Cellular Field (Chicago White Sox)
27. Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks)
28. Turner Field (Atlanta Braves)
29. O.co Coliseum (Oakland Athletics)
30. Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay Rays)