It was a round with some solid upsets, as fans voted on Best of the Ballparks in Double-A ball for the Eastern, Southern and Texas Leagues. We’re down to the round of eight — help us choose the fan favorite!
The round of 16 ended with upsets, with AT&T Field (home of the Chattanooga Lookouts) and Hadlock Field (home of the Portland Sea Dogs) both advancing with victories over higher-seeded opponents. In addition, our top three seeds won as well.
But that round is history. Below you’ll find a form for submitting your votes (desktop users see the entire slate; mobile users see one poll question at a time). The second round of voting generated more than 11,400 respondents. So vote!
We have seen some fans aggressively register their preferences for the Best of the Ballparks by voting over and over. Don’t bother: we filter by IP address, so only your first vote counts.
About Best of the Ballparks: we structured the voting by classification, so the competition is broken down into Triple-A, Double-A, High A, Low A, short season A and rookie. The summer collegiate and independent brackets will encompass what we consider to the top 32 ballparks in their classifications. And, of course, the MLB parks stand on their own.
We know from our marketing/user research a third of our readers work in the baseball industry, so we’re tapping into that collective expertise. And we know from our research that a third of our readers sell to the baseball industry, so that expertise will be valuable as well. The remaining third — fans, media, government — will certainly have a different view on things as well. We can’t wait to see what our readers — whom we consider to be the smartest folks in baseball — say about the best of the ballparks.
Voting for this round has ended.
Here’s our ranking of Double-A ballparks, combining Texas, Southern and Eastern League facilities:
1. Regions Field (Birmingham Barons; SL)
2. Pensacola Bayfront Stadium (Pensacola Blue Wahoos; SL)
3. Dr Pepper Ballpark (Frisco RoughRiders; TL)
4. Dickey-Stephens Park (Arkansas Travelers; TL)
5. FirstEnergy Stadium (Reading Fightin Phils; EL)
6. Smokies Park (Tennessee Smokies; SL)
7. Whataburger Field (Corpus Christi Hooks; TL)
8. ONEOK Field (Tulsa Drillers; TL)
9. ARM & HAMMER Park (Trenton Thunder; EL)
10. Riverwalk Stadium (Montgomery Biscuits; SL)
11. Canal Park (Akron RubberDucks; EL)
12. Metro Bank Park (Harrisburg Senators; EL)
13. Hammons Field (Springfield Cardinals; TL)
14. Bragan Field at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville (Jacksonville Suns; SL)
15. Northeast Delta Dental Stadium (New Hampshire Fisher Cats; EL)
16. Arvest Ballpark (Northwest Arkansas Naturals; TL)
17. Trustmark Park (Mississippi Braves; SL)
18. Peoples Natural Gas Field (Altoona Curve; EL)
19. MGM Park (Biloxi Shuckers; SL)
20. Hadlock Field (Portland Sea Dogs; EL)
21. Security Bank Ballpark (Midland RockHounds; TL)
22. The Diamond (Richmond Flying Squirrels; EL)
23. The Ballpark at Jackson (Jackson Generals; SL)
24. AT&T Field (Chattanooga Lookouts; SL)
25. Wolff Stadium (San Antonio Missions; TL)
26. Jerry Uht Park (Erie SeaWolves; EL)
27. Prince George’s Stadium (Bowie Baysox; EL)
28. Henry Aaron Stadium (Mobile BayBears)
29. New Britain Stadium (New Britain Rock Cats; EL)
30. NYSEG Stadium (Binghamton Mets; EL)
The results of the voting are shown in percentages.