The Quad Cities River Bandits of the Midwest League are looking for a Director of Group Sales.
Our Director of Group Sales works closely with (and reports directly to) our Vice President of Sales. This person is responsible for overseeing the Group Sales Department, sales, implementation, and strategic planning of new programs and initiatives to bring groups to Modern Woodmen Park. This person should be an outgoing energetic and creative sales professional who is a clear self-starter with strong sales and relationship skills. This position will oversee organizations and development of all of all group hospitality area, as well as targeted groups and group prospecting throughout the Quad Cities market. It will be the responsibility of the Director of Group Sales to complete daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly group ticket reports in a timely fashion.
This person will be entrusted to sell and service many of our most important accounts, as well as to develop new accounts. Our Director of Group Sales will also help develop and implement annual sales and revenue goals.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are a must, as any good sales person will be managing multiple accounts simultaneously. Strong leadership and decision-making skills are also a must, as are excellent writing and presentation skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and solicit new local and regional corporate partners for the organization.
- Develop customized group programs using inventory controlled by the organization to generate net revenue and meet the needs of clients.
- Identify group leads.
- Maintain group sales inventory.
- Daily reporting of sales and goals.
- Responsible for all group areas.
- Develop and implement group incentives.
- Ensure all groups are serviced.
- Other related duties as required.
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Excellent, proven cold-calling skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Technically proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Strong skills in PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong team work skills as well as the ability to work independently and self-motivate.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekend, and holidays.
- Lead the Group Sales Team.
- Create new categories for the group sales.
- Create group lead program.
- Customer service to all groups.
- Post game contact to all groups.
- Create benefits for Groups.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and sales experience to firstname.lastname@example.org