The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Low A; Midwest League) have unveiled the five finalists for their 2018 Food Fight, with the nominees up for consideration in a fan voting process. The winning recipe will go on this year’s concession menu at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium.
Here are the descriptions of the finalists:
- Whiffer Waffle – Spicy fried chicken served between buttermilk waffles topped with sliced Pepperjack cheese, crispy bacon, Sriracha and maple aioli. Submitted by David Clark
- Peanut Butter Slugger Hugger – This juicy burger is nestled atop a fresh pretzel bun with real peanut butter and accompanied by sliced cheddar cheese and crispy bacon. Submitted by Joel Pethan
- Rattler Bites – Sauerkraut, chopped brats and cream cheese deep fried in a wonton wrapper served with spicy brown mustard. Submitted by R. Kamika Gut
- Baked Mac N’ Cheese Burger – Baked mac n’ cheese, cracker crumbles, sliced cheddar, and diced onions served on a juicy burger and corn duster bun. Submitted by Rob Michel
- Cheesy Buroagie – Juicy burgers smothered between mac n’ cheese on a toasted hoagie bun and topped with onions, peppers and venom sauce. Submitted by Joe Freimuth
Fans will have a say in the winner, and can follow this link to the Timber Rattlers website to vote.
The winning recipe of the 2018 Food Fight will be revealed on Facebook Live with Daniel Higgins, food and drink reporter for USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin, on Monday, March 12 at 12:15pm.
The person with the winning submission will receive four tickets to the 2018 home opener on April 7 against the Beloit Snappers, a ceremonial first pitch before the game, and four vouchers for their food item.
RELATED STORIES: Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Begin Food Fight