Based on current vote totals, the Northwoods League team slated for Bismarck is narrowing its name the team contest down to three candidates.
With over 500 votes already cast in two weeks, the following names stood out from the rest as the three clear favorites. “With two weeks left in the voting process, we wanted to give fans the three leading candidates in the clubhouse and a more detailed description of how those brands will play out at the ballpark,” says John Bollinger, the team’s General Manager. “We hope this allows fans to give us a clear direction as we make our final decision this summer.” Fans have until August 14 to cast their votes at www.bismarckbaseballisback.com.
Below are the three finalists along with a more detailed description of their platform and prospective brands:
- Bismarck Bullies – A tribute to North Dakota’s favorite US President, Teddy Roosevelt, this name would focus it’s branding around a Teddy themed “Bull” Moose, referencing the Bull Moose Party he started in 1912. Think of a moose with monocles and a mustache! Themed red, white, and blue, the Bullies branding would feature a popular North Dakota animal and give off a patriotic feel that fits well for a team located in the capital of the state. Adding seating sections like The President’s Club and The Pulpit at the ballpark would tie this presidential theme all together.
- Bismarck Flickertails –A nod to North Dakota’s nickname the Flickertail State, this name gives the new team a fun, family-friendly identity with a great minor league feel to it. The logo and mascot, a Flickertail, would give major emphasis on the ground squirrel’s iconic tail and teeth. Seating areas like the The Nut House would soon become fan favorites.
- Bismarck Larks (Meadowlarks) – Not only does the name have a great ring to it when said with Bismarck, but the state bird of North Dakota also visits our state mostly in the summer (just like our baseball team). The Meadowlarks most distinct attribute is it’s yellow color surrounded by hints of black and grey, which would dominate the team’s branding.
Fans can vote at the Bismarck Baseball website at www.bismarckbaseballisback.com. One entry per email. For voting, fans will still be entered into the drawing for one of 50 Bismarck baseball caps or one of 25 t-shirts. To add an additional entry for prizes fans can 1) LIKE Bismarck Baseball on Facebook and post their favorite team name on our wall 2) Follow Bismarck Baseball on Twitter @bismarckbasebal and tweet their favorite name at the team using #FinalVote. Winners of the contest will be announced in August AFTER the vote concludes.
The team name, logo, and a few other exciting announcements will be released at a Team Kickoff Event at Bismarck Municipal Ballpark later this fall. Date and time of this event to be announced.
Fans can also reserve their 7-Game Packs for the 2017 inaugural season online now. 7-Game Packs and Season Tickets are the only way to guarantee tickets to Opening Weekend, the other best games of the season, Bismarck Baseball bobbleheads, and much more.
A small list of additional rules are listed below:
- One entry per email address.
- All information must be accurate in order to qualify for prizes.
- A list of winners will be posted at a later date this summer.
- Bareknuckle Baseball management reserves the right to market, develop and use in commerce, any name submitted by a contestant.
- Votes will be tallied and weighed by the team’s front office in their final team name decision.
RELATED STORIES: Bismarck Announces Name the Team Contest Finalists; Bismarck to Fans: Help Us Choose Team Name; Northwoods League adds Bismarck for 2017; Bismarck Municipal Stadium to be renovated this summer; Satchel Paige, Bismarck and Lawrence-Dumont Stadium