The name the team contest for Bismarck’s new Northwoods League franchise has yielded five finalists, which were announced today.
From July 11-August 14, the Bismarck, Mandan, and surrounding communities will be able to cast their vote for the name they’d like to be rooting for next summer. After over 500 submissions, the following names were chosen as the Final Five finalists.
- Bismarck Baldies — The Bald Eagle population is back in North Dakota and doing better than ever! What’s more American than baseball and Bald Eagles!? And with a name like Baldies, we’d have some fun built in promotional nights as well.
- Bismarck Bigfoot — It’s official. Bigfoot will be spotted in Bismarck next summer if this is what fans pick! Fun name, great logo potential…the only question is will fans be able to spot our mascot at the ballpark?!
- Bismarck Bullies — A tribute to the state’s favorite US President, Teddy Roosevelt. In reference to Teddy’s coined phrase the “bully pulpit,” this name also ties into Teddy’s Bull Moose Party he started in 1912 and speaks to his rough and tough spirit of getting things done, the same our opponents will feel in the ballpark.
- Bismarck Flickertails — Don’t be fooled. Just like in your yards, these ground squirrels will be causing our opponents havoc on the ball field for years to come. A nod to the Flickertail State of North Dakota, this fun name will make for a great mascot and great logo.
- Bismarck Meadowlarks (Larks) — Not only does the name have a great ring to it when said with Bismarck, but the state bird of North Dakota also visits our state mostly in the summer (just like our baseball team).
Fans can vote at the Bismarck Baseball website at www.bismarckbaseballisback.com. One entry per email. For voting, fans will still be entered into the drawing for 50 Bismarck baseball caps and 25 t-shirts. To add an additional entry for prizes fans can 1) LIKE Bismarck Baseball on Facebook and post their favorite team name on our wall 2) Follow Bismarck Baseball on Twitter @bismarckbasebal and tweet their favorite name at the team using #FinalFiveVote. Winners of the contest will be announced in August AFTER the Final Five name vote.
Fans can also reserve their 7-Game Packs for the 2017 inaugural season online now. 7-Game Packs and Season Tickets are the only way to guarantee tickets to Opening Weekend, the other best games of the season, Bismarck Baseball bobbleheads, and much more.
A small list of additional rules is listed below:
- One entry per email address.
- All information must be accurate in order to qualify for prizes.
- A list of winners will be posted at a later date this summer.
- Bareknuckle Baseball management reserves the right to market, develop and use in commerce, any name submitted by a contestant.
- Votes will be tallied and weighed by the team’s front office in their final team name decision.
RELATED STORIES: Bismarck to Fans: Help Us Choose Team Name; Northwoods League adds Bismarck for 2017; Bismarck Municipal Stadium to be renovated this summer; Satchel Paige, Bismarck and Lawrence-Dumont Stadium