Can You Manage More Than a Team?
Growth-oriented organization with a summer collegiate team in a 325,000 Southeast metro market seeks a GM who is prepared to do it all—sales, finance, HR, promotion, community relations/PR.
What you’ve got
- 2+ years as a GM or #2 in a market of comparable size
- Demonstrated ability to increase ad revenue
- Experience creating and implementing special promotions, including non–baseball events in- or out-of-season.
- Capability to understand and explain day-to-day club finances and use Excel and other standard reporting and analysis tools
- Capable to confidently make public presentations in all media, including radio and television
- Ability to create PowerPoint and other media presentations for new and returning sponsor recruitment
- The skills and willingness to cold call and prospect to develop new sponsorship and other revenue opportunities
- Direct experience hiring and supervising the work of others
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to succeed and excel. Your commitment and capability are the only limits.
- Competitive compensation that includes generous base salary PLUS commission PLUS potential ownership opportunity
- Health insurance, cell phone, and gym membership
- Paid vacation
- A high degree of autonomy, commensurate with your experience and success
This is a job for a doer, not a dreamer. But it’s a dream job for those who can do.
E-mail your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com.