This is the fun job! The Long Island Ducks, members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (MLB Partner League) are currently looking for an experienced, talented and creative leader for their promotions department. If you know how to have a good time and like to help others have fun as well, this could be your calling! The successful candidate should be dependable, able to handle multiple tasks and work in a dynamic environment. This position may require long and unusual hours including nights, weekends and holidays at different times of the year as the business needs dictate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all aspects of “The Show”. The Show is what happens between innings (when we’re not playing baseball). This includes on-field promotions, gameday scripts, promotional staff management, etc. In short, this position oversees the department that entertains our fan base on a nightly basis.
- Fulfilling aspects of sponsorships that involve promotions and events.
- Overseeing aspects of community outreach and involvement, such as kids clinics, mascot/player, appearances, donations, etc.
- Being an active, engaged and enthusiastic participant on the sponsorship and ticket sales teams in the offseason.
- Being a contributor on the creative team. This includes taking ideas from concept to execution with the goal of driving interaction with fans, increasing reach, interest in the team and having fun.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong time management skills.
- Previous “Production Room” experience (PA, music, scoreboard videos, etc.) and Graphic design skills/background are a plus – as is ability to create and coordinate anything from advertising copy to sponsorship decks, social media graphics and/or sales flyers.
- Prior experience working in professional sports (promotional exp. preferred).
- Prior sponsorship/ticket sales experience and familiarity with the Long Island market a plus.
- Graphic design, computer program and video editing skills.
- The ability to be creative, enthusiastic, professional and incredibly fun!
INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO EMAIL RESUME TO: MPFAFF@LIDUCKS.COM
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.