The Trenton Thunder (Class AA; Eastern League) expect to welcome the 8-million fan in franchise history tonight during a doubleheader against the Altoona Curve.
The first of two seven-inning games starts at 6:05 p.m., with gates opening at 5:05 p.m.
The Thunder’s eight millionth fan will receive a prize package that includes:
- A luxury suite with food for 20 people for a future 2013 game
- A collection of baseballs autographed by Major League All-Stars Lance Berkman, Mark Teixeira, Michael Pineda, David Eckstein, David Cone, Bob Boone, and Paul Blair, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Philadelphia Phillies #1 prospect Jesse Biddle, former Thunder/current Yankees stars Joba Chamberlain and David Phelps as well as former Trenton and MLB Manager Ken Macha
- A replica jersey and hat
- The opportunity to throw a ceremonial pitch
- brunch for two at the Cock n Bull restaurant at Peddler’s Village
- A $75 gift certificate for the Yankee Doodle Tap Room at the Nassau Inn in Princeton
On May 9, 1994 Brian Edmonson delivered the first pitch thrown at home in franchise history.
Share your news with the baseball community. Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a subscriber to the weekly Ballpark Digest newsletter? You can sign up for a free subscription at the Newsletter Signup Page.