The Everett AquaSox are looking for a new Director of Ticket Sales, responsible for leading and managing all ticket related areas, including Season Tickets, Groups, Inside Sales and Box Office operations. Primary focus is on building a sales culture conducive to hitting the companies overall sales goals.
Reports to: Executive Vice-President
Start Date: November 2013
1. Sales – Responsible for achieving a personal sales goal primarily generated through new sales, while also managing additional sales staff.
2. Serve as the leader amongst the sales team providing training, sales motivation and developing creative ideas to increase sales.
3. Direct the work of the Aquasox Group Sales Manager, Account Executives and all hourly box office employees, holding them accountable for sales performance and customer service standards.
4. Managing the overall team sales effort including new and renewal accounts.
5. Fulfill and maintain an assigned standard in personal sales efforts.
6. Provide quality customer service.
7. Oversee all aspects of the ticketing system, including seating assignments, processing of payments, internet sales and printing of tickets.
8. Provide accurate and timely reports regarding daily and weekly ticket sales. Processing daily deposits.
9. Assist in database management.
10. Staff ticket sales tables at outside events when needed.
11. Develop relationships with current clients for referral leads.
12. Staff and manage the ticket box office, ensuring operation is run efficiently, while focusing on customer service and accuracy.
13. Assist with money room operations.
14. Responsible for all paperwork that is attributed to clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate’s degree plus two years full-time directly related work experience. Additional experience beyond the minimum requirement in sports management may be considered in lieu of a degree.
2. Experience in Ticket Sales and the daily operations of a ticket office.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Access.
4. Knowledge of ticketing systems is a plus.
5. Knowledge of basic management and supervisory skills.
6. Ability to initiate, lead, plan and direct the work of department.
7. Ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff.
8. Ability to interview, train, and orient staff.
9. Skill in resolving problems with clients and with staff.
10. Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team framework.
11. Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
12. Strong planning and organizational skills.
13. Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
14. Ability to maintain a professional business image.
15. Desire to work long hours when need to achieve results.
- Competitive base salary based on experience.
- Commission and bonus tied to direct sales efforts.
- Competitive medical benefits.
- 401k with a competitive company match program.
Interested candidates should submit Resume, Cover Letter and Professional References to Tom Backemeyer (email@example.com)